Creating a project
From PunBB Resource Wiki
First of all, I should say that everything regarding managing projects and styles is done in the "Manage submissions". When you click this link, you'll get to the manage wizard. From here, chose Mod projects. This will display a list of all your projects. Click on Create new in the wizard to get to the create project form.
Project name is the name of your project. Be sure to chose the right category since it will help people find your mod. Here is a short description of each category:
- Converters - Database converters
- Extensions - Mods that extends the existing functions
- Major - Major mods that is built into PunBB and is released as a whole package
- New functions - New functions that don's fit into official PunBB
- Other - Those who doesn't fit anywhere else
Time for Description. When writing a description it is good to keep in mind that it's the first 200 chars that are visible in the browser. So your first 200 chars should explain very short what the mod actually do. That will make people check you project for more information if it sounds interesting.
Click submit to create your project when you're done. Now it's time to post a release.
Next: Posting a release